Recipes

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dump Truck v. Flower Blossom

As Emily's father, Adam believes Emily has a great ability to argue and reason with opposing forces. To help her practice crafting better arguments, Adam and the kids decided to play "courtroom" together. Today's trial lasted nearly an hour. The children were riveted. 

"May it please the court, my name is Flower Blossom, and I represent myself." . . . 

"Vroom vroom, beep beep." Toy Van has to translate for Mr. Dump Truck, who only speaks the language of trucks.

Emily oversaw the 6 My Little Pony jury members. She said little, but commented on the nice necklace one horse was wearing, reminded her dad that the girl ponies needed to sound like girls, and scowled at the audience (me) for laughing and disrupting the trial. She also objected when Flower Blossom referred to her as a "little girl" and not a "big girl". 

The case Summary: Mr. Dump Truck (Mikey) sued Flower Blossom (Adam) who allegedly was not talking nicely to Dump Truck when he delivered potatoes to Flower Blossom. Flower Blossom allegedly said the potatoes looked like rotten eggs.

The jury initially ruled in favor of Mr. Dump Truck, but then changed their mind, ruling  in favor of Flower Blossom. Michael, in response, threw his Dump Truck to the ground and quickly popped his pacifier into his mouth.

6 comments:

  1. I can totally picture Emily getting upset when you laughed. She acts like she is so grown up already.

    Adam, maybe we can plan a big family mock trial when we get together for the holidays... That sounds like hours of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAAAhaaaa....I love this!!!! Oh, this is good. That's why children aren't lawyers and why children have representatives protecting them in a court of law. Beautiful. As a side note, I wish I had a good lawyer here most moments of the day while fights and frustrations pass between my 3kiddos and I look at them...? My ruling is usually something like this, "Yu hit her and she hit you back and now you're even, so let's move forward."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you put this in a book? Stuff like this could be published? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mean for "Stuff like this could be published" to be a question. That is a statement. It could be published! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course by adding an "!", I suppose I made it even more than a statement, I made it an EXCLAMATION!!!! ha ha . . . what a grammatical nerd. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so classic! I would love to have seen this trial, or to see a real trial with this script, played by adults. I love how after all the grueling debate and finally coming up with a verdict, the jury just changed their mind anyway. :) Sounds like a perfectly delightful experience.

    ReplyDelete