Recipes

Friday, August 29, 2008

Hiking tikes


My friend and I went hiking this morning with our children. We had a wonderful time.



We were quite the group--two moms, three kids, two babies in slings. It was unlike any hiking I've done. I like to move up the trail fast; the children like to pause, pick up acorns, look for blackberries, point out the trees, or just sit. I'm looking up while they're mostly looking down and all around.


Look at those dirty fingers! Just be glad they aren't in your mouth.



A friend recently made this sling and let me borrow it to break it in. Robbie likes to sit in it cross legged like a little Buddha.

Emily and Mike--two little tikes that like to hike.

5 comments:

  1. Wow you are on top of it. I haven't even downloaded my pictures yet. Thanks for letting us tag along, we had a good time and would love to go again. I thought for sure Jackson would take a nap, but he didn't - little stinker! Lashelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you tie-dye those shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine, my sister tie dyed the shirts and gave them to the kids and all their cousins. I would like to tie dye onesies for Robbie, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! What a great idea. Sometimes I get so busy doing whatever it is I have to do that I forget to do cool things like that. You've always been an inspiration to me in that way, (among others!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete