Recipes

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Birthday Girl's Day

Today was Emily's fourth birthday. It was such a special day, I wanted to share the details via this post. 


Emi was out of bed just before 7, just as I was finishing her birthday cake decorations. Emi got a sneak peak of her sparkly pink My Little Pony cake before she'd even had her birthday cereal.


We opened some presents before Adam had to leave. Emily opened her present from Mom and Dad A and was excited to see a My Little Pony dress, which was just what she needed for her new birthday outfit to wear to our Monday morning playgroup.

After playgroup, we went to McD's for happy meals. We rarely eat out, so for Emily, this trip was a real treat.

She and I colored My Little Pony pictures while the boys napped.

Once Adam came home, we were back to presents and cake. She sat at the table for 5 or 10 minutes just placing her unicorn stickers on her new helmet without having a clue that a bike was waiting outside for her to uncover.


Cake time!  I poked a sewing needle through a My Little Pony picture onto the cake's hard frosting (just like you would do when tracing an image onto a pumpkin for carving out), then removed the paper picture and connected the dots left on the cake with frosting to create this image.




For Emily the best part of the day was our evening walk/bike ride after we finished our cake and ice cream. The best part of the day for me? That would have to be when I went to read Emily her bedtime story, but instead discovered her already fast asleep, her book wide open, lying right on top of her face. What a day!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Sammy is saying, "I wasn't at her party", kind of a proclamation, kind of a question. We'll be bringing her a gift next week when we see her for sure. This day seems like it was perfect! I love birthdays that go all day long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that she loves My Little Pony. I love that all these things that we loved when we were little are back for our kids to love. You did a fabulous job on that cake. She is a beautiful, lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a special day for a special girl!
    wish we were there!

    ReplyDelete