Recipes

Friday, March 7, 2008

Updates

Right now, I should really be unpacking, organizing, or thinking of baby names, but I feel more like posting some pictures and updating our blog. Adam and I are in the new house, and at first my reaction to this big, old house was, "what am I doing here?" The house has a strong personality that doesn't exactly match my own (Mary and Rob will soon see what I mean). I don't really want to post pictures of the house since we are house sitting for someone else, but I'll tell you that it is ~2700 square feet, so I feel a little overwhelmed with the space that I will "manage" as the official homemaker here. But after being here for a week, we are enjoying the extra space and low rent. The kids stay busy playing with toys left behind by the owners, the backyard, and Stinky the cat. The downsides are outweighed by the upsides. Now, it may be challenging to move out of here into a smaller space.

One fun feature: the laundry shoot. Our first day here, I kept hearing loud noises and found that Michael was busily dropping all of his toys down the laundry shoot. Similarly, the nursery has a little window that looks out into the living room/foyer. The window is blocked with an iron railing so the kids can drop their toys through the railing onto the floor below without dropping themselves as well.

We also have a laundry/sewing room that is bigger than the kids' bedroom. Here's a fun project I've been working on: baby burp cloths. I love the idea of being able to give something homemade for a gift. A friend of mine is due a week before me, and this is what she's getting from us. Because I am such a visual learner, this tutorial really helped me see how to make these burp cloths.

The last of the updates: photos of the kids.

Emily likes to pose for a picture.

I have a hard time getting a photo of Michael without his binky. If I take it away, he complains and there goes the photo op. It's just a part of him. He likes his "binky" and his "blankey".

6 comments:

  1. :) That's great!!! What a fun feature to have a laundry shoot. Emily is looking so different to me, with her long hair and maturing face. Love the burp clothes. I will definately be making some of those soon. Let's see, who do I know who's pregnant? Besisdes you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets see, Jessica is pregnant with---I can't remember if it's a boy or a girl. Do you know? If you decide to make them, call me b/c there are some things that were more challenging about the project then I'd have thought. Love ya sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:57 PM

    Love those pictures--especially the kids. They look so much older, especially to us who don't see them as often! It is a little different to be house sitting: our very first house coming off our honeymoon was a trailer here in Mesquite that belonged to Dad's Uncle Bryant and Aunt Belva. Also, moving quite often seems to go with having a baby...We had Christopher 5 days after moving into this house. Keeps life exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how pretty Emily is looking as her face matures. What a lange loy, as they'd say in China. Mikey looks more and more like Uncle Peter to me. You have the cutest kids!!! Lucky duck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, life is definitely staying exciting! I think we also moved 2 weeks before Emily was born.

    Marta--it'll be funny to see if our kids have similar features... especially the kids that look more like their mamas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the laundry shoot in my grandparents house being a big attraction too! Sending top secret messages, delivering toys, blankets, you name it. There's just something incredibly cool about a laundry shoot.

    How nice to have a huge laundry room! That's a must have in my dream house. (you can have lots of Must Haves in a dream house, because it's just a dream at this point.) :)

    We need to do another i-sight tour so we can see your new place. :)

    ReplyDelete