Recipes

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tips please!

A while ago, I took Emily with me to my hair cut appointment. A friend of mine does my hair, and I wanted her to also cut Emily's at this visit. But Emily was less than cooperative and spent the whole time snuggled in my arms, face buried against me, while my friend trimmed up her hair.

I'm going to give the hair cut myself at home this time. Can anyone share tips/techniques for a GIRL's home haircut?

(random photo: Mike's way to humorously deal with a bad hair day)

4 comments:

  1. Did you want it layered up or level at the bottom?

    One hint that works wonders for us is that they get to watch a short movie while I cut. It keeps their head facing roughly the same direction, and is a good distraction. It takes a lot of patience on their part, so watching something helps. Maybe you do that with Adam tho too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:36 PM

    Yeah, we watched a show. I think that Adam gets bored when I cut his hair, partly because I'm not a big conversationalist while cutting.

    I ended up cutting it some this morning. The cut I gave her has two layers. I just tried cutting it a certain way like I do when cutting the side of Adam's hair, and it gave her hair a layered look. I went with that because it's hard for me to keep the length level. I'd love to hear any ideas you have for the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:53 PM

    The truth is that we haven't really found something that works for me. Its just really hard having a hair stylist as attractive as mine because even though she's tried the movie thing, food, bribes, etc, I just cant take my eyes off her. And turns out that's quite a problem especially when she's trimming up the back. I can't think of many things that can top 30 minutes of exclusive attention from Kari. Come to think of it, another trim is sounding pretty good right now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. :) Well put.

    ReplyDelete