Recipes

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Summer Leaves

The Harvest season will soon begin. Eager for cooler temperatures, a little more rain, and Autumn holidays, I'm ready for a change of seasons. Fall Equinox is 10 days away, and Halloween many more, but already we're planning our costumes.


I've started Michael's Robin Hood outift, and will have time for Emily's costume afterward. Emily had her heart set on this other costume--her idea was for Mom and Emily to dress up together as mermaids. I said we'd keep looking for another pattern, but isnt't that funny!

Always, when summer begins I think to myself how excited I am for sunny weather and how could I ever grow tired of it, but it seems that by early September I am impatient for the new approaching season to begin, and for the Autumn leaves!

6 comments:

  1. The mermaid crown is my favorite part. I think Rob and I are dressing up as Fred and Wilma Flinstone.

    Is Adam going as King Tritan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari I'm so proud of you for sewing outfits. I usually head down to the local second hand store and browse through their recently stocked costume section. It's fun to go through and see all the different ideas and combinations. Sewing is a fun adventure. As my kids get older and have stronger opinions about what they want to be, I may go that route. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I trust Emily's vision. You two would be the most beautiful mermaids ever! Go for it Kari!
    Oh, and take lots of photos to send me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about the season change. I've always loved fall. And I'm the same - I'm so glad for warm weather when it comes, and glad to see it go. I guess I'm just a Spring and Summer kind of girl. : ) This is a wonderful time of year, (although John says it means the end is coming. - he's not a fan of winter.) Anyway, it's lovely now. Wish we could see what Oregon is like in the fall!! I bet you would have some cool places to show us.

    We were driving along a highway today, and missed seeing blackberries in the median. . . :) We love you guys!

    btw - love the title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam as King Tritan--That would be something to see! I love the Fred and Wilma idea. That's really cute.


    The sewing route is doable for now. I really like it and I have the time for it. I should also check the second hand stores.

    Heather, nice to see you online!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was talking to Dani this weekend, and I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween. She said, " I think I want to be a carrot... or maybe a mermaid like Emily..." :)

    ReplyDelete