Recipes

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

By the way, happy birthday!

Adam, the kids, and I spent part of last week with my sister Elsa and her family. Elsa and Chris are buying 3 acres for their new home. We went and saw the property, which has a small creek running through it. Right now it also has a lot of dirt "castles" for the kids to climb.

While we were walking around their property, I spotted Emily, Curtis (4) and India (7) all heading for a nearby dirt castle. Curtis glanced back to see Emily way behind them--her short stride just couldn't keep up. He turned around and affably walked back to Emily, giving her his hand to walk with her. Curtis, you are such a good friend!

Adam and I also spent a day and a half away from the kids. Just the two of us--as it was when we were first married, and like it will be when the kids leave the house. For our Birthday dinner, Adam and I went to a Mexican restaurant with a festive feel and tasty food. Our waitress and another employee sang the Birthday song to us!

We were enjoying our time away so much, we even forgot to wish each other a happy birthday when the real day came. We were heading back to Elsa's house in the afternoon and Adam said, "By the way, happy birthday!"

7 comments:

  1. I don't know how to say this without sounding cheesy, but you two are such an awesome couple. I really think the world of you both, and you complement each other perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for the letter we recieved yesterday in the mail. I'm still deciding what book I want to get (a certain novel, or maybe a nonfiction piece). I loved seeing the hearts from Seth and Jonathan. Jonathan--I think that's awesome that you can spell and write words!

    We think the world of you two, and the boys! I often think about you and John and the little things I saw you do to patiently teach your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:44 PM

    What a fun day! Kari, you are gorgeous by the way. Love the cards--who got the blue one and who got the pink, or did you share?

    -Marta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marta--we shared them. Emi and Mike each made us a card. That is, Elsa made the card. She even got their handprints by putting their hands on a stamp pad, then placing their hands inside the cards. I know it wasn't easy for her to do, so appreciate the cards even more.
    By the way--do you like our hats? Remember, we look alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you both wanted sombreros for your birthday... who knew?

    I agree with Marta- you are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, you are too kind! You are beautiful! And, I would love to see a picture of you with your hair cut. I guess it was a while ago that you got it cut.
    They made us give the sombreros back before we could leave. We tried to sneak them out, but we were too obvious. I guess it was for the best. I have no clue where I would store two BIG hats like that in my apartment. : )

    ReplyDelete