Recipes

Friday, July 2, 2010

Springtime Butterflies

We gave our kids a kit for "growing" caterpillars into butterflies. My friend, Lisa, told me about these butterfly kits you can buy that include a butterfly "cage" of sorts and an order form for the little caterpillars. The butterflies stayed in our home for a week or so. During their stay, the kids named all seven, set them free in Emily's bedroom (without me knowing), and even cried when I suggested letting them go. The kids finally agreed to set them free. Hopefully they survived outdoor living.

4 comments:

  1. Great pic of Em! Lol at them letting them out. Cute memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. carrie3:40 PM

    That's cool. Kids can learn a lot from a process like that. I like it too because they get to have a "pet" temporarily and then you can set them free when your done with them. Can you tell I can't commit to a full time pet yet? Emily looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Carrie. I've always loved having pets, but that has changed since having kids. Some day we will get an aquarium, once Robbie is not so into swinging bats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of Emily with the butterfly looks like it would win first prize in a contest: the wonder of childhood. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon.

    ReplyDelete