Recipes

Friday, July 18, 2008

Splash!

Emily just finished her first round of "minnow" swim lessons. She loves the water and has confidence in the pool. The other day she showed me that she learned to spit out water. She intentionally put water in her mouth and spit it out. I thought, yuck!, but I can see why that's a good thing to know.

We signed her up for the class not knowing that while she swims, any of her family members can have access to the pool for free. During and after her class, Adam and the kids splash around while Robbie and I chill out in the kiddie pool. The enrollment fee (discounted 40% for us poor college students) has really paid off since it's not only paying for swim lessons, it's also paying for FAMILY SWIM TIME

3 comments:

  1. How fun is that! We really need to do that too. Our boys are somewhat terrified of water in large amounts. I think it would be really good for them, and fun for all of us. I'm glad she's confident. Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swim lessons. Dance Lessons. Em is going to be a pretty well-rounded girl by the time she's five.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. We had the same surprise when James was in swim lessons earlier this summer. I took Owen, ready to pay for him to swim in the kiddie pool and when they told me it was free it made my day. In fact I'm considering putting James in another session of swim lessons just to take advantage of that awesome benefit again. Gotta love Splash!

    ReplyDelete