Recipes

Thursday, July 3, 2008

4th of July Activities

In preparation for Independence Day, the kids and I did a couple fun activities. Adam and I really enjoy this great summer holiday and wanted the kids to have fun with the colors red, white, and blue.

Patriotic wind socks

Found the idea at enchantedlearning.com, but we did it our own way with gift ribbon for the streamers and whatever construction/cardstock paper I had on hand in the right colors. Uses an oatmeal container.


Sugar Cookies

With all the sprinkles and frosting, this is quite the messy project.
My friend has a great recipe for the cookies (which I have yet to get from her) that turn out thick, but not dense. We didn't have any stars cookie cutters, just Christmas bells. Of course, in this case it's the Liberty Bell for freedom.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:58 PM

    I'm preparing for the 4th of July by doing the HUGE water fight along the streets of Bunkerville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas. Those crafts look fabulous, and looks like everyone had fun. You totally inspired me to pull out the crafty stuff and make things with the kids, but the day was too packed (blah-down with errands), so, maybe tomorrow. Jonathan has big plans for a huge banner ("banister") running between two poles out front that says "It's the 4th of July!!" so we'll work on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I wish I would have thought of something like that. I guess there is always next year. I made some raspberry-lemon muffins today from the LDS Living magazine that turned out good. It took 1 cup of raspberries. Let me know if you are wanting to try a new recipe with your raspberriues and I can pass it on. Lashelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too impressive, Kari.
    Mike and I gotta have kids! We've become lazy in our celebrations. We purposefully decided on fishing during the day so we could lounge during the evening. Are we getting old or what?!
    Love Alabaide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:24 PM

    preparation Kari, preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, spelling checker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:56 PM

    Your welcome!

    ReplyDelete