Recipes

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Little Stars

Just wanted to share some photos of my boys--they are both getting so big!
Does Mikey remind you of anyone?

Emily had a dance recital today with her friends from her Bee Boppin' class. Before her turn to dance, there were girls and parents everywhere trying to get organized and Emily got a little nervous and started to cry, clinging to my leg like a leech while Robbie fussed in my arms. Just one of those mom moments when I suddenly felt overwhelmed. Emi eventually cheered up and, holding onto her classmates hands, went out and very seriously followed along with Miss Marie as they did ballet moves to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. My friend recorded it, and when she gets a copy to us, we'll email or post it.

Emily's at that stage where she asks "how come?" in response to anything I say. When I told her the dance photos were on the computer she asked, "How come?"
I replied, "Because I just transfered them onto the computer. The pictures of you in your dance outfit are great!"
"How come?"
"You just look so cute," I replied.
Then Emi answered, "That's just my style."

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking over your blog. You have some fun postings. Emily looks so cute in her dance outfit. Lashelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has a style? At this age? Oh, she's one of THOSE girls. I know them well :) She looks darling, don't you just love seeing her get involved in life like that. This early beautiful ballerina stage is one of my all time favorites. It's worth having more kids for....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how grown up Emi looks. I don't think I've ever seen her with her hair pulled back. You may want to start warning mothers in the area with boys her age. . . And Mikey looks so old too. The winter was big for your kids. Robbie looks awesome. He looked a lot like Emily when he was brand new, but now he totally has his own look. Beautiful kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is it that you think Mikey looks like? Peter maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed about your story of your "mom moment" when everyone suddenly needs you desperately. I totally know the feeling. All of a sudden you are way outnumbered, but it shows how great of a mom you really are that you were able to restore confidence and composure (in your little ones and in yourself!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I thought Mikey looked a bit like Peter. When Emily and Robbie were both crying I thought, "oh no, I'm going to be next." But you know how it is--I have to do my best to stay calm in order to help calm the kids too.

    Adam said that when he saw Emily's pictures he couldn't believe how big she was. In his words, it was "a little scary!"

    ReplyDelete