Recipes

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Blankets for baby

I love receiving gifts that are homemade. Whenever I see the gift, I think of the person who made it, which makes it all the more significant knowing their hands put it together with someone specific in mind.

Robbie received two special blankets. Mary made this frayed flannel quilt for him. I love the fabric that she picked out--I can see him using it when he's Mikey's age as well as now--it is so cozy and has a "big boy" look.

Adam's mom crocheted this afghan for Robbie. Adam really wanted a yellow and green afghan for baby #3, and it had to be Oregon duck yellow and green.
Unknown to us, Adam's mom came up with this design that included not only the vibrant green and yellow, but two ducks as well. We were thrilled to get it! Adam was so pleased he just couldn't believe it. Go ducks!

2 comments:

  1. How nice to wrap a baby in such love. Beautiful blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie looks like a little doll laying on that blankie. I really thought he was a doll. He's adorable and I can't wait to meet him. Are you coming to Bunko?

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete