Recipes

Friday, October 6, 2006

First of Many

The first of many. . . haircuts
 
 
Emily is over two years old now, and I've not given her a haircut yet. Her hair was getting pretty uneven at the ends, so I decided to give her a quick trim. Emily did great with the new experience thanks to her favorite treat (Cinderella fruit snacks), Sesame Street, and a mama who wasn't too worried about getting the ends perfectly even. I started to explain to Emily what I was doing, then decided it would be best for both of us if she just didn't know yet about using scissors to cut hair.

The first of many. . . bites
 
 
Mikey also tried something new. I guess rice cereal is an acquired taste; his first reaction was to wrinkle up his face in disgust. Michael's not quite ready for his first haircut, but  he is begging for me to feed him more rice cereal, so I had better be off.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:19 PM

    We loved the emily vid you sent us - you should post it here some how so others can see.

    Christine was crying she was laughing so hard - it was funny to see her trying to make her computerized reflection do stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was very wise to not explain scissors yet- you might have a few unwanted trims lying around the house!

    we love you and miss you all!! Please give your kids a love from us.

    ReplyDelete