Recipes

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter 2014



Robbie made this bunny milk carton and his bunny ears headband with his kindergarten class and Mrs. Downing.



We did two egg hunts on a very windy Saturday afternoon; one indoors for the little kids and one outdoors for the big kids. There were so many great spots for hiding eggs outside (and I had bought a bag of 48 eggs from Fiesta Foods for less than $5 so including leftovers from last year we had about 60 to hide).



I hid on egg in a cavity of a rock that went thru to the back of the rock. It was a great spot but unfortunately when Emily reached her hand in to get it, a bee was on the egg and stung her! I couldn't believe it, and quickly brought her inside to apply baking soda mixed with water to her Eastee hunt wound.



I picked up a few supplies from Walmart to make small Easter baskets for the kids. The store was so crowded it was obvious to me that we have become distracted from the real meaning of Easter. 



I included cards made for each of my children, and I've taken pictures of them as a way to remember the thoughts I shared with my children  about Jesus--that He lives and loves us--on a late Saturday night when everyone else was sleeping.



Heather hosted dinner at her Kennewick home. It was a pleasant time and delicious meal.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Tessa and Rachael look so cute in their matching dresses! I'm so glad they have each other, they are the same age and I hope they will be close all their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Marta! Just like you and me-- still close sisters and we have each other!

    ReplyDelete