Recipes

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Shooting Stars!


Emily was way excited to race with friends for the Gap2Gap relay race.  The junior segment of the race includes running, biking, rollerskating, and an obstacle course. I took Emily to the bike path the day before to try out what I thought was the full length of the course--turns out I was wrong and she had to bike a considerably longer distance than what we'd practiced, but she still did great and powered up a small hill at the end of her portion.

Ready to go! 
Team Shooting Stars won second in their group.

Here she is with her sparkly pink and turquoise "mystic island" bike.  Next year, Emily and Michael can race together on a team.  That'll be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! What an undertaking! I bet she feels super proud of herself. As she should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, it always surprises me how much I see myself when I look at pictures of Emily -- so special the bond a twin aunt has with her twin niece ;-) xoxo -MJ

    ReplyDelete