Recipes

Sunday, January 9, 2011

We found it! (Just in time for the big game!)

Just yesterday my heart sank as I thought, "We've totally lost it!"

Since August, Robbie's baby blanket has been missing.

It was Yellow and Green--Oregon Duck colors (go ducks!)

It was Robbie's FAVORITE blanket.

Adam asked his mom to make it for us when we were expecting Robert. We didn't know then that we were having a boy, but Adam wanted her to make it Oregon yellow and green whether it be for a girl or a boy.

Today, at church, while Adam wondered the halls with Tessa, he found the blanket draped over a chair in the primary room. I kid you not, it was a miracle. I wondered what Robbie would say when we showed him the blanket--would he have forgotten about it? Nope. He saw it and cheered! "We found it!" Then, he wore it around the church building like a shawl--no--like a King's robe. It has not left his arms yet.

9 comments:

  1. And we all know that finding the blanket is a sign of Ducks prevailing tonight! Go Ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really know that the afghan has been missing--SO glad you found it! I love Robbie's dimple. And everything else about him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had mentioned it to a couple of people, but we were waiting and hoping that we'd find it. I really didn't think we ever would find it, which was really made me feel sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would surely make a replica if need be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! we know how hard it can be to loose the favorite blanket! also, i'm working on starting a blog, so we'll let you know when it's up and running. love you all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the blog, Katie.

    I had asked Adam if he thought you'd be up for making another one and we thought you probably would (at least when you had a break from making other afghans.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to get my hands on one of mom's blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie11:16 AM

    I LOVE Robbie's sweet little smile! What a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robbie's expression is priceless! Such a happy smile with his daddy. Love that.

    ReplyDelete