Recipes

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Aaaaaa...the Tarzan Yell


Grandpa David treated the family to a show at Tuacahn Amphitheater in St. Geogre. Tarzan was awesome! Monkeys in Vibram shoes soaring overhead, the stage nestled within the red cliffs of the canyon, and a ton of family in matching brown shirts. My favorite part of the show were the aerial silks. Wow! If you have never seen aerial silks, it is an acrobratic peformance where performers do tricks on suspended fabric. The only safety they use to ensure they do not fall from the suspended fabric to the ground is their skill and talent as they swing, spiral, hang upside down, and finally fall near to the ground. This was just one part of the fun during our September trip to Mesquite. It was like a slice of heaven on earth especially because we were surrounded by family and had such a good time visiting with them.


Getting everyone to smile is not easy. Michael likes to be goofy, Robbie likes to copy Michael, Emily always gives her sweetest smile, and Tessa is smiling one second, then in tears the next. Adam and I don't seem to have much trouble smiling, we're usually laughing at our kids anyway.

BTW, anyone seen MattyB Raps? Adam and I happened on a clip and I was just wondering if anyone knows what the story is there.

5 comments:

  1. I happened upon one... All i know is that he's 7 and pursing a career of rapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't decide if I was embarrassed to be sitting in a crowd of 100 matching shirts, or if I secretly liked it. That show was amazing! I can't believe how good the kids were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari,
    I think your haircut looks really cute! So does your whole family! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie9:52 AM

    I love that last family pic! You guys are so gorgeous and your kids couldn't be sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a darling family!

    ReplyDelete