Recipes

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The "Post-Get-Away to Post Falls Post"


Adam and I spent our Anniversary weekend, Mother's Day weekend, and Pre-baby get away in Spokane Valley. Why Spokane Valley? Because I was participating in an evaluation contest for a Toastmaster's Division Conference.


We stayed at a hotel in Post Falls, Idaho that looked out to a lovely view of the river. It was a nice weekend, although I was anxious until the contest's end Saturday at noon.


Me with other speech and evaluation contestants. Fun times--don't know how I ended up being involved in this :) It just sort of happened.

Emily could not wait for me to open her big envelope of gifts--all made with the kind help of her teacher, Mrs. Ireland. Too excited to wait for me, she opened a pink, jumbo sized envelope and started handing me laminated picture after picture, and tissue-wrapped gift after gift. She spoiled me with gifts galore.

5 comments:

  1. Kari, Yay for me! I just happened to check your blog the same day you made this post! First off, a "pre-baby" get-away means a baby is coming. Yay for you! I am so happy for you and Adam. What a lucky baby to be coming to such amazing parents! It was fun to look at your other recent posts. Your little men are so handsome and I can't believe what a pretty little girl Emily is. I will always remember her as a cute, chubby toddler. We love you guys and still think of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, you look gorgeous! I love the outfit you wore to the Toastmasters Division Conference. Are you wearing a necklace in the picture from the conference? Cute pics Kari -- thanks for the udpates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie7:53 AM

    I agree! Kari, you look great! I haven't seen you pregnant this time- I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad you and Adam got to go out. Emily's gifts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marta--the necklace is one that you gave me for Christmas. I get lots of compliments on it. I always get lots of compliments on anything that you buy for my wardrobe ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I wondered if it was the necklace I gave you! I'm glad you're enjoying it my dear! Te amo!

    ReplyDelete