Recipes

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I'm one!"

Robert Jay turned one on Sunday.



Here we are, Mikey waiting for Robbie to be up from his nap, and me in my fancy apron from Mexico, I believe.



First, presents

then the cake--yellow cake with hidden pumpkin puree and very visable polka-dots


Robbie dabbled in the cake at first...


and then he picked up the whole scoop of ice cream we gave him and ate it, then grabbed chunks of cake with both fists. 

It was a wonderful birthday mess, for a wonderful birthday boy.

3 comments:

  1. Kari,
    These pictures are magical!

    I love the colors - bold green, reds, blues and yellow. I feel like I am getting a peak into a child's fantasy world. I know that might sound weird, but it's true.

    You have a BEAUTIFUL family - beautiful, happy, healthy children. And I am impressed with what Adam and you accomplish in your current circumstance: the world you have created for your children is commendable. Way to go!
    :)
    Also, I LOVE your hair! It's a very flattering cut - the way it sweeps across your face...Love it!

    Love you!

    Love,
    Marta Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! Looks like it turned out great. I still can't believe he is already a year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great #1 party, you got all the right ingredients...presents he doesn't know are hidden in the paper, cake that he's thrilled to be getting a full use of his senses to eat (touch, taste, smell, sight, ...) yummy. He's got family who love him and a smile to win anyones heart!

    ReplyDelete