Recipes

Friday, November 14, 2008

Absolutley, Definitely Yucky Dinner

Wednesday afternoon, Mike and Emily made me some of what they called "yucky dinner". 
Here's their recipe in a nutshell:  just mix a bunch of leaves, sticks, pine needles, and moss together in a flower pot, then serve. 

After cooking it on the stove, Emily called me away from my yard work for some of their grub. While I was "eating", she kept dishing up more and more yard debris into my pot until it was overflowing. I told her that it tasted yucky (seemed only appropriate), but she reminded me that it was not gross; it's supposed to be yummy.

~

One afternoon, Emily and I thought we heard Michael waking up from his nap, so I sent Emily to peek in on him.  She quickly ran back downstairs to tell me,  "Mom, Michael is absolutely, definitely not in his crib!" There was no doubting the shock in her voice. I was just as surprised, until I remembered that instead of putting him down for a nap in his crib, I had put him down in my room. He was absolutely, definitely still sound asleep.

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to say that those children of yours are absolutely, definitely darling...or is it adorable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Smile- love this story, love those big words Emily is using.

    ReplyDelete