Recipes

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our little men




We love our two little boys. Our big boy would tell you that he loves monster trucks, race cars, cars, and my little ponies, which he adds after hearing Emily say the same. Our baby loves to laugh and smile with his family, chew on toys, move, and eat whatever we put into his mouth. He's still so little, but so much bigger than when he first joined our family. 

Like my Gramps would say, we ought to put a brick on their heads so they stop growing! Their sweetness dusts our lives when we look into their dancing eyes and endearing smiles, and when we steady their jumping feet and hug their little frames. 

We can look back and laugh at our little mishaps, like the time I put Robbie down for nap and returned down stairs to discover Michael spreading jam with a spoon on our living room armchair. It didn't take but a moment for him to get into mischief. We also look forward and marvel that someday, they will grow up to be men. Every day, they are getting bigger. Knowing that makes the present all the more precious.

"Love ... little boys every day. Little boys are so precious."
Agnes Rand in Where the Huckleberries Grow

5 comments:

  1. What a neat posting. The boys will get a kick out of reading that when they are older. And I agree boys are precious. Those are good pictures of the boys. I especially liked the last one of Robbie - what a cutie! Lashelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. Lately I've just been relishing in in the joy of being the mother of these awesome boys. They make me so happy sometimes when I'm with them that I literally almost overflow. You know that feeling? When a giggle comes out because the happiness can't fit inside you anymore? I just love them. The present really is precious. (Reminds me of President Monson's talk) :)

    Love you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari, you are right. These boys are little balls of amazing energy & spirit, they are a future we can't yet see. I know they will be amazing men because of you and Adam and the faith and strength you two have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading the comments and laughed when I read Christine's, because your blog, too, reminded me of President Monson's talk.

    Enjoy the fingerprints on the glass- we will soon miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kari, your boys are adorable. I especially love that first picture of Robbie. He is so stinking cute. It makes me excited to finally have a little guy of our own. Some day we will have to get them all together.

    ReplyDelete