Recipes

Sunday, June 8, 2008

One of those mornings

It has been one of those days, well, one of those mornings. I ended up being on my own with the kids while Adam helped pass the sacrament in church today. Just as everyone was growing quiet to prepare for the sacrament, Mikey started fussing. He really turned it up when Adam walked by our pew. Meanwhile, down in his car seat, Robbie was NOT falling asleep but also starting to fuss. I'm just waiting for the top to blow when a sister scoots in beside me and whispers, "Looks like you could use some help." I smile, "Yes!" She holds Mikey for me (which was like trying to hold a squawking, agitated bird, I assume), while I unbuckle Robbie and pull him out of his car seat. She quickly decides to take Mikey out, which was really nice of her especially because I think she really just wanted to hold the baby.

Now, we are home and both my boys have calmed down (how else could I possibly be making a post right now?). I've made a batch of "healthy" cookies, the dishes are done, and the house is peaceful . . . for the moment.

p.s. I've got a lot of catching up to do--we've had two wonderful weekends with family visiting. That'll be my next post.

1 comment:

  1. I love people like that. The lady behind me in the grocery line held an irate Luke while I finished checking out. He loved her, and I did too. :)

    ReplyDelete