Recipes

Friday, May 11, 2007

Down by The Bay


My parents live about 1 mile from Freshwater Bay. Adam, the kids, Calvin, and I drove down for one very full hour at the beach.

Squished in between the kids' car seats, I snapped this lovely shot of Calvin sitting up front. Of course, I let him have my seat. I just didn't like the idea of his sharp claws and slobbery mouth that close to the kids, and I really couldn't leave him home.

It was so fun to watch Mikey explore. He would have walked right into the waves. He tried more than once to eat a handful of wet sand. Ugh!

Low tide, warm sun, tide pools, sea shells, jumping waves--the kids just loved it! We are excited for the beach house! We can all try some wet sand with Mikey!

5 comments:

  1. Fresh water beaches. That sounds like the way to do it.

    And I love the image of a little girl on the beach in a pink spring dress. So picturesque. (Did it manage to stay pink?) :)

    Something about the ocean and the beach is so envigorating. The words beautiful, breathtaking, and amazing just don't seem to capture it well enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress stayed pink, just got a little wet.

    When I look out at the vast expanse of the ocean, I often think of it as a feast for my eyes. Definitely beautiful, breathtaking, and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liam will love to eat dirt with Mike in California. He has already mastered eating dirt here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:16 AM

    LOL! :)Can't wait to see Liam and Mikey together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:57 PM

    I decided that I'd make a blog too- was feeling a bit left out by the rest of the fam:

    http://the6thsaga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete